You'll need these for travel in Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Bolivia, Peru and Uruguay. Clothing, cosmetics and items of personal hygiene are readily available in larger communities.
Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: 60 minutes to several days before departure.
- Pack light.
- Pack quick-drying, light cotton clothes.
- Add a sweater, a light jacket and a compact umbrella.
- Pack shorts, pants, T-shirts, swimming suits, a long sleeved shirt, and underwear.
- Pack walking shoes and sandals or thongs, a dressier pair of shoes for nice occasions.
- Pack a dress or blouse and skirt for dressier occasions.
- Pack sunblock, insect repellant, hand sanitizers, tissues and toilet paper.
- Pack a hat.
- Take photocopies of your innoculations or vaccinations.
- If you're going to Patagonia, take warmer clothing and a warm sleeping bag.
- Read travelogues from other travelers for an idea what to expect.
- Don't overpack. Most items are readily available.
- Wear clothing in layers to add or remove as needed.