- 2 heads romaine or butterhead lettuce, rinsed
- 3 small avocados, peeled and sliced
- 4 large tomatoes, blanched, cooled, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 white onion, sliced into rings
- 1/3 cup Spanish or virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
To serve, arrange the lettuce leaves on individual plates. Top the lettuce portions with avocado, tomatoes and onions. Mix the olive oil, salt, vinegar and pepper in a small bowl. Pour over the salad and serve.
About 6 servings.