1. Ristorante PaniniAddress: Bacacay 1339, on Sarandi
Italian restaurant with freshly prepared innovative pastas, nice presentation and local wines. Considered the best Italian restaurant in Montevideo.
2. Don PeperoneAddress: Montevideo Shopping Center or Old Town (Cuidad Vieja)
Pasta, pizza, salads, parrilladas, local wines and traditional desserts.
3. El FogonAddress: San José 1080
Traditional parrillada and seafood restaurant, popular for lunch or late night dinners.
4. El CallejónAddress: Cuiduad Vieja
Cozy bar and restaurant suitable for business lunches and a pub at night.
5. Mercado del PuertoAddress: Perez Castellano and Piedras
Once a train station, the building now houses numberous restaurants serving traditional cuisine, parrilladas, steak, chicken, pork, and seafood dishes. Try El Tiburon.
6. Las PicapiedrasAddress: Arocena, Carrasco
Huge portions of food of typical South American cuisine.
7. Las BrasasAddress: San Jose 909
Costilla al lomo (Tbone steak) and excellent seafood are well known on their menu.
8. Restaurant DackelAddress: Dr. Gabriel Otero 6438, Carrasco
German restaurant with tradiional German cuisine.
9. El Abasto ParillaAddress: Bacacay 1309 (near Sarandi)
Busy indoor/outdoor casual spot, good after Teatro Solís performances.
10. ArcadiaAddress: Plaza Independencia 759
"This elegant restaurant atop the Plaza Victoria is a quiet paradise and the best restaurant in Montevideo."